Palak paneer is a classic vegetarian dish from north India, made with fresh spinach and cheese, seasoned with fresh ginger, garlic and garam masala. I have been making this stove top recipe for years now. It is my mom’s healthy recipe, without any cream, cooked with homemade ghee and paneer!
Palak paneer makes a healthy weeknight meal and is ready in 15 mins with this easy Instant Pot recipe! No boiling hot water or using your food processor to puree the spinach. Cook it all in one pot and let the immersion blender do its magic. Serve with steamed rice or hot parathas for a wholesome vegetarian meal!
I have changed the original stovetop recipe a bit here to make it more creamy using cashews soaked in warm milk. Make sure to puree the cashews to a smooth creamy paste for a creamy luscious curry. Heavy Cream or unsweetened coconut cream can also be added in the end to make the dish more creamy and mild.
Here is a quick video for this quick Palak Paneer Instant Pot recipe:
If you enjoyed this Palak Paneer recipe, check out these EASY and delicious vegetarian Instant Pot curries:
- Aloo Gobhi – Spiced Cauliflower and Potato curry
- Dum Aloo – Baby potatoes cooked in creamy tomato cashew sauce
- Chana Saag – Chickpeas with fresh spinach
★ Have you tried this recipe? We love your feedback, Please click on the stars in the recipe card below to rate.
- 1 LB spinach fresh or frozen, chopped
- 2 cups paneer cubed
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1-2 tsp hot green chili minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 15 cashews
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste or 1 tsp
- Add cashews to milk and blend together to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Turn IP to saute mode. Once the hot sign displays add ghee. Add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and green chili. Saute for a min. Add onions and cook for 2 mins stirring a few times. Add chopped spinach, salt and 1 cup of water. Close IP with pressure valve to sealing.
- For frozen spinach - manual(Hi) for 1 min
- For fresh spinach - Manual(Hi) for 0 min
- Quick release. Turn IP to Saute(Less), this will stop the spinach puree from splattering all over.
- Add ½ cup of water(optional) and blend to make smooth paste using immersion blender. Add cashew paste, garam masala and paneer. Gently stir everything together. Serve hot with rice or parathas.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you! Did you try this recipe? Please share your food photo with hashtag #ministryofcurry on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and our followers can enjoy it too! Thank you and Happy Cooking ♥
Hey there! I am a techie turned recipe developer, cooking instructor, and food blogger. I love food and enjoy developing easy and healthy recipes for busy lifestyles. I live New Jersey with my husband and two sons.